- 100% ALWAYS EVERYTIME view the CarProof/CarFax report. Many times I've had a car sold and not even known it had a hit until the customer wanted a CarProof. Dealers are required (in Ontario) to disclose damage over $3000.00.
- Was it a daily rental? Lease return? Trade in?
- How long has it been on the lot?(You can use this to your advantage if it's been there forever)
- Has the safety been done? If yes, what did it need?
- Check the price vs others on Autotrader.com/.ca
- Clarify before you buy what will be replaced.
- Check the tires and the windshield, lots of times mechanics will miss small cracks in the windshield which you can use to get a brand new one at no extra cost.
- Ask if you can take it for a few hours, or overnight.